To apply for a property managed by River Rock Realty, please first read the following guidelines. An application link (Apply Now) is located at the bottom of this page.
Applications are NOT taken on a first come first serve basis. If multiple applications are submitted for the same property, River Rock Realty and/or the owner reserves the right to accept the application that best meets the criteria set below and any other factors that may be taken into consideration when processing the application (ex. Length of time of lease, Move-In Date, etc.).
How to Get Approved:
- River Rock Realty requires that all applications must be fully completed, dated and signed electronically.
- Reliable documentation and telephone numbers of all income sources must be provided; income must be a minimum of 3 times the rental amount for all applicants and/or co-applicants.
- If employed, you will need one of the following: Your most current pay stub(s) or last year’s W2.
- For military members, we requires your latest LES and a copy of your orders.
- If self-employed, you need to furnish the last two year’s tax returns, including your 1099 and a statement of current year’s income.
- Other income, such as retirement, disability, social security or others must have reliable documentation.
- Photo ID is required
- Family size must be in compliance with the available unit per HUD guidelines: Two persons per bedroom (Example: 4 bedroom home would allow for 8 individuals to occupy the property
Applicants will be denied occupancy for the following reasons:
- The minimum acceptable credit score is 620.
- Falsification of application.
- Incomplete application.
- Applicant has had tax liens in the last 24 months.
- Applicant has filed bankruptcy or defaulted on mortgage in last 24 months.
- Applicant has had outstanding debt to previous landlord(s) in the last 24 months as reported by the Credit Bureau.
- Applicant has been evicted from previous residence in the past 5 years.
- Applicant has had electrical and gas/water utility debt in the last 24 months.
- Applicant has had legal items in the last 24 months.
- Applicant receives a negative rent verification from previous landlord(s).
- Applicant has serious misdemeanor or felony records matched in the last 10 years.
- Applicant has matches in the sex offender database.
- Applicant has name with DOB matches in the sex offender database.
- There are other names associated with the applicants social security number.
- Poor personal references.
- Poor rental history profile after verification from previous landlord.
- Slow or non-payment of refund.
- A history of violence to persons or property.
- A history of poor or unsanitary housekeeping.
- A history of drug related activity by any household member.
- History of unruly or destructive behavior by resident or resident’s household.
- Applicant has failed a social security number fraud analysis.
- Lack of demonstrated ability to live independently.
ALL PETS must be approved by the property owner and/or River Rock Realty. If pet is allowed, there will be a minimum charge of $400 NON-REFUNDABLE pet fee. Additional pets and large pets will be at an additional cost. This fee allows you the right to have an APPROVED pet on the premises. Tenant is responsible for all damages caused by pets. This fee is not a damage deposit!
The following pets are not allowed at any time:
- Saint Bernard
- Great Dane
- Bull Mastiff
- Doberman Pinscher
- German Sheppard
- Pit Bull
- Presa Canario
- Dogs that are a mix of one or more of the above breeds, and dogs, regardless of breed, that have been involved in a biting incident, or any animal not approved by a homeowner’s insurance company.
If approved, the lease must be signed; Full security deposit must be paid by personal check, certified funds, or a money order within three (3) business days of approval. Once all funds have been received, we will take the property off the market and hold it for a total of thirty (30) days. Full first month’s rent is due on or before occupancy date. If the lease date is on or after the 20th of the month, the prorated rent is also due.
Roommates must be able to qualify individually and may be considered with the owner’s permission and are subject to a written Roommate Agreement. A security deposit equals 75% of the advertised security deposit, may be required from each roommate. This security deposit is to be payable in advance in the form of certified funds. Terms and Conditions of the Roommate Agreement shall be included in this Acceptance Policy.